Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vegan Thumbprint Cookies

vegan thumbprint cookies

Recipe by Shutterbean here.

I made these vegan thumbprint cookies for our work holiday party because we have several vegans on our team. Sadly, none of the vegans showed up to the holiday party, but a couple of vegetarians did and promised that they tasted good!

Now, Shutterbean calls them life-changing cookies. I'm not sure I would go that far, but they were pretty tasty. With the limited ingredients, I don't feel bad at all about grabbing a couple for breakfast!

The ingredients in the original recipe aren't entirely whole, but they can be easily changed:
  • 2 cups whole almonds
  • 4 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • Assorted jams of your choice
The canola oil can be easily replaced with a different oil. I used honey instead of maple syrup because I didn't have any syrup.

I also used my own homemade blackberry jam--which was delicious, but it sunk down into the cookie more than her jam did. My blackberry jam was a little on the runny side, but it could also be that I made deeper impressions than she did for them jam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com